TradingMarkets.com just completed their Playboy 2006 Stock-Picking Contest. In this contest, ten Playboy (PLA) Playmates each selected five stocks to be tracked throughout 2006. The one with the highest percentage gain received $50,000 to be donated to a charity of her choice.
So, does beauty have a brain? If I were to correlate something like, say, augmented breast size with overall portfolio percentage gain, would there be a relationship? Let’s see.
|Playmate||Breast Size||Portfolio Gain|
|Amy Sue Cooper||34C||28.19%|
I converted each cup size into a 20% fraction, starting with a C cup. So:
- C += 0.2
- D += 0.4
- DD += 0.6
- DDD += 0.8
Here is the chart of their percentage gains, ordered from highest to lowest:
Now if there is a correlation, this next chart should have a similar curve:
However, it does not. So apparently there is no correlation. Too bad. What does this exercise teach us? That:
- 34C is the minimum breast size needed to be a Playmate
- They’re doing wonders with plastic surgery nowadays
- I had to do this “research” at home, otherwise I would have gotten an interesting email from IT
- Yamana Gold (AUY) went up 99.39% in 2006!
- Deanna Brooks is turned off by hairy backs