And so was WordCamp. Let me tell you why:
- Tim Ferris showed us how to “peel” a hard-boiled egg without peeling it. Well, he didn’t really show us at the conference, he just referred to this as an example of a viral post.
- BuddyPress is a suite of WordPress plugins and themes that can turn WP into a social network. I’ve heard about this before and am now itching to try it out.
- Matt Cutts told the audience: “Avoid BO”
- Yahoo! CEO Carol Bartz has a secret diary. Can’t believe I didn’t hear about this one sooner.
- Matt Mullenweg announced that WordPress and WordPress MU (Multi-User) are going to merge into the core WordPress installation. Makes total sense.
- Some guy loves WordPress so much that he got himself a WordPress tattoo. “I guess we can never change the logo,” said Mullenweg.
- The BBQ lunch was tasty. Yum.
- Tara Hunt uttered the question: “Are there any cougars out there?” Hehe.
- Ann Oyama did her very first conference presentation ever. Her nervousness was endearing and her custom WordPress theme tips great for beginners.
- Someone accidentally exited Steve Souder’s presentation through the side door, setting off the fire alarm. But we forgive him. He’s Canadian. Heh.
- Mullenweg reveals a WordPress easter egg. Ooo!
P.S. Bonus points for you if you know where I got the title of this entry from.