So when Bill Barker wrote “How to Win CNBC’s Million-Dollar Portfolio Challenge“, my ears perked like a cat hearing a can opener. (Meeeow!) Here’s what Barker suggests:
- Use all five portfolios.
- Maintain a super-concentrated portfolio.
- Size matters, so go small.
- Focus on earnings announcements.
- Look at companies trading at or near 52-week lows.
- Celebrate low-priced stocks.
- Look for shorts; they are great candidates for quick upward moves.
- Invest in possible mergers, as they could offer a quick pop.
- Biotech stocks frequently populate the top performers of the day.
- Simply have fun.
Good advice there. I’ve already used some of it. He also suggests these stocks, which more or less fit the criteria he’s outlined:
Let’s see how on-the-money his advice will be. And good luck everyone!