Why are you still there? You know you want to quit, yet you’re still hanging around. Is it for the money? The free snacks? Or perhaps you’re a glutton for punishment.
Within the technology & Internet industries, it’s become normal to jump around a bit. So when do you know it’s time to jump? If most of this list applies to you… then jump!
- Most of your coworkers don’t wash their hands after using the bathroom (especially after a number 2)
- The company cafeteria is skimping so much that you suddenly notice all the cats in the neighborhood are gone
- Your company is doing so poorly that you’re embarrassed to tell people where you work
- You fantasize about a meteor striking your company headquarters, just so they’d have to shut down and give you a few days off
- There’s a personal stash of alcohol/pot/cocaine in your desk for those extra-hard days
- You bring novels or magazines with you into the bathroom and read read read
- You’re so bored that you spend most of your day playing games on Facebook or watching free South Park episodes
- You only attend the meetings with free food; every other meeting, you skip with the excuse, “I’m too busy”
- You’ve gotten really, really good at foosball
- You start posting Dilbert cartoons all over your cube
It’s time to quit! You know it!